Hallo there, mate!

"Hello, you've reached Lydia's blog, this is Lydia speaking, how may I help you?"

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hokaaaaay...

Are there any vegans out there? Probably not, because I doubt anyone has actually seen this blog yet besides me. But later when I have maybe one, maybe two occasional readers, one of them will be vegan. Maybe even both!

The reason I ask is because this morning I woke up, (I know, pretty spectacular, isn't it?) and normally when I wake up I'm pretty hungry but this morning when I woke up I wasn't hungry at all which was weird because I did not eat any dinner last night either so I just sort of decided to go on a hunger strike. A one-day thing. It just seemed like the right time. But then it got me thinking... if I'm already veggie, why not go all the way and try for veganism?

I do have one problem, however: I'm desperately allergic to soy. One bite of tofu or sip of soy milk and my face swells with these giant blotches of something jiggly and red and my breathing becomes strained and I itch like there is no tomorrow. So I obviously couldn't have any dairy substitutes if I went vegan... except for rice milk. Does anyone know if it's possible to make cheese from rice milk? Is there such a product, this rice-cheese?

Another issue: I live in northern Wisconsin; you know, the dairy state. This one is definitely potentially problematic, mate. My family and I aren't really all-out Wisconsites, what with the cheese and beer thing, (well of course NOT with the beer thing seeing as how 4/6 of us are either underage or not human...) but it still would be hard. But I'm all out to save the piggies and cows. Mooooooo....

So I think I'm going to try for that, starting now, 'cause I don't wait for nothin', not even the new year!

And maybe that's it for now...
Farewell, nonexistent readers! Love you all!
--Lydia ;0!

1 comment: